All profits go to mobileschool.org
A Streetwize Leader leads by example!
We need leaders with vision, passion, energy and discipline. Leaders that walk the talk.
Streetwize leadership development is based on authenticity and our ability to give direction and flow by injecting drive and passion.
In the right situation, streetwise leaders come into their own and take personal responsibility for transforming their environment.
Authentic leaders focus strongly on the process of self-awareness regulation, positive psychological capital and the moderating role of a positive organisational climate: for themselves and for the people they lead.
Key characteristics of authentic leadership to be developed:
- A positive attitude on the part of the leader: confidence, optimism, hope and resiliency.
- A healthy ethical perspective: the capacity, efficacy, courage, and agility to address decision making processes in an ethical and transparent way.
- Self-awareness: an evolving process in which one comes to understand his or her unique talents, strengths, sense of purpose, core values, beliefs and desires.
- Self-regulation: a process through which authentic leaders align their values with their intentions and actions.
- Leadership processes/behaviours: processes through which leaders influence those they lead.
"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Facts & figures
89% place more importance on their leaders’ authenticity than on their specialist knowledge
70% expect a leader to be 'forward looking'
69% believe that the ability to inspire is a leader’s most important quality